DO& CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt
Düsseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
The DO & CO New York team currently consists of approximately 600 employees.
We are currently looking for a
- Manage programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and maintenance of existing facilities and equipment.
- Assign, supervise, and verify completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility.
- Visually inspects quality of work and assign staff and direct outside contractors in tasks according to performance and productivity standards. Maintain, monitor and test emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, etc.
- Order material/parts in partnership with purchasing and complete work assignments on time and by a specified date.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors in cooperation with management for execution of maintenance work.
- Identify potential hazards and enforce personal protective equipment is available and correctly in use. Ensure proper records are kept including repair and service records.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures. Hire, discipline, evaluate, counsels, and train maintenance staff on correct maintenance procedures, accident prevention and assist in repairs as needed
- Keep up to date and ensures compliance with current safety legislation and liaises with relevant authorities.
- Communicate effectively with city officials to ensure proper maintenance of permits and licenses, coordinate inspections with the appropriate department.
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience, 3 years supervisory or manager experience in engineering/Maintenance.
- Experience in any or all of the following systems such as Industrial, Commercial, Refrigeration & HVAC, Industrial Kitchen Appliances and General Maintenance Engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, facility management or equivalent.
- Certificate in Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) Systems
- A renowned, international company, continually expanding and offering excellent career growth opportunities
- A diverse and dynamic work environment
- Free employee meals
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Holiday pay, paid time off, sick days
- Career advancement
- MTA pre-tax commuter benefit
This job description is not exhaustive of all job responsibilities. Other tasks may be added by the Management according to business requirements
If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the application process, please contact us via fax, mail, e-mail or telephone provided on the job advert, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.