DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on three continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 10,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | London | Chicago | Barcelona | Istanbul | Milan | Kiev | Berlin | Frankfurt | Munich | Warsaw | Paris | Seoul | Vienna
DO & CO opened a brand new, state of the art Gourmet Kitchen in Redondo Beach, Los Angeles (close to Los Angeles International Airport) and created many job opportunities. We are looking for a
Quality Assurance Manager
· Responsible for Quality Assurance and Product/Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory compliance, adhering to local, state, federal, international, environmental, health and food safety regulations. Ensures all documents, processes, and protocols are adhering to the most recent regulation within the operational environment.
· This is an operations focused food safety / hygiene position
Food Safety & Quality Control:
· Guarantee that the unit meets the company’s, industries’ and regulatory standards for food safety and product integrity at all times.
· Ensure compliance with food safety, cleanliness and plant condition standards working closely with plant managers to focus on key issues
· Provide support and direction during audits, inspections, and consultations to ensure understanding and compliance with applicable standards. Ensure all applicable paperwork is prepared to be audit ready at all times.
· Monitoring of all integrated programs to assure that quality and regulatory compliance standards are met for food, beverage, ingredients, merchandise and supply items manufactured, distributed and sold by company
· Assess suppliers to ensure the mentioned above is never jeopardized and work closely with department managers to ensure effective implementation of new products or new practices. Regularly complete supplier audits.
· Guarantee that the unit meets the company’s, industries’ and regulatory standards for sanitation.
· Responsible to maintain the unit up to standards for audits, pests’ control and health department inspections
· Responsible for pest control; its effectiveness, control, issues and invoicing. Meet with the vendor on a weekly basis to ensure the facility meets standards.
· Responsible for the external cleaning company; its effectiveness, schedule, training, control, issues and invoicing.
· Work closely with the vendor(s) to order and maintain food grade chemicals within the facility. Keep appropriate par levels of these items and work with necessary managers who also have chemical usages. Ensure MSDS are in place for all chemicals and any necessary PPE is in place.
· Responsible for the Pot Wash and Porter teams: shift scheduling, staff related control function, overtime monitoring, vacation planning and disciplinary actions in partnership with HR
· Oversee the Hygiene Controller and Hygiene Assistant
· Monitors hygiene training and development of other staff directly and/or indirectly and provides coaching, direction and leadership support to staff in the form of new hire orientation, retraining, annual retraining, etc.
· Partners with supervisors and HR to implement corrective action as needed when hygiene protocols are not followed
· California Food Handler’s Card
· California Food Managers Certificate – Preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in a management position
· HACCP Certification Experience
· ISO 22000 Knowledge
· Bachelors degree
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Flexibility (different shifts - night, weekends, holidays)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Quality Assurance Manager may be classified as “Light.” Light work is defined as 0 to 20 lbs performed Frequently (F) or Significant Walking, Standing or Sitting.
- A renowned, international company, continually expanding, offering a stable workplace with great career opportunities
- A diverse, international and dynamic work environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Excellent pay and a great as well as comprehensive benefits package
- Cafeteria on site, free of charge
- Uniforms provided, free of charge
Do you want to join a highly motivated, diverse team and develop within an internationally renowned company?
We look forward to receiving your online application at: www.doco.com/en/jobs
(Must be eligible to work within the US)
DO & CO Los Angeles, Inc.
4000 Redondo Beach Avenue, Suite 101
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Tel.: +1 718 529 45 70
Do&Co Los Angeles, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the application process, please contact us via fax, mail, e-mail or telephone provided on the job advert, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
DO & CO Los Angeles, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.