must act with a sense of urgency and possesses the ability to coordinate ramp safety and fleet management activities, services, trainings etc. in a timely manner with proper documentation. Must possess the ability to plan, forecast, and schedule, exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential in this position. This is a fast paced environment that requires a hands on approach to our needs. This person is a quick thinker and effective decision maker.
Reports to: General Manager, Deputy General Manager, Operations Manager
Employees reporting to this position: CDL Drivers
- Responsible for the fleet management
- Create and supervise preventive maintenance programs/manuals, liaise with manufacturers, accounting and controlling referring fleet maintenance budgets and approval procedures for repairs, record keeping per vehicle etc.
- Point of reference for the PANYNJ in respect of all vehicle and safety related topics, up dates, trainings, courses etc.
- Managing and supervising day to day pre/post trip inspections, incident and accident reporting, fueling procedure
- Ensuring full compliance of fleet with all local, federal and PANYNJ requirements, inspections, plates, safety / first aid kits etc.
- Keep fleet and staff files up to date, add and delete data as needed or required
- Keep drivers’ records up to date, license checks, manage list of expiration etc.
- Identify areas of improvements, suggest new techniques to save costs and enhance life time of vehicles as well as maintain fleet clean and in good visual conditions at all times
- Responsible for Ramp Safety
- Create, supervise and document training programs/manuals for all drivers of company vehicles
- Create, supervise and document on the job safety trainings for all drivers of company vehicles
- Actively inspect drivers activities in the filed on and off airport
- Actively coach drivers in the filed on and off airport to enhance safety awareness and following procedures
- Schedule and manage ramp safety team, dispatchers and CDL Drivers
- Liaise with Operation Manager, Dispatch, Human Resources and Senior Management referring activities and documentations
- Point of reference for all customers regarding Ramp Safety
- Prepare and participate in customer ramp safety audits
- Identify areas of improvements, suggest new techniques to enhance safety overall and decrease costs due to negligence and wrongful handling of company vehicles
- Administer all car accident related paperwork, involving accounting, controlling and senior management
- Ability to manage designated staff
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Trains and motivates new and existing staff
- Actively participates as a member of the management team
- Ensures, maintains and implements rules and regulations at all times
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by Senior Management at any time
- Awareness of the operational sequences and fleet management and ramp safety principles
- Capacity to work independently and in within a team
- Strong implementation skills
- High level of self-organisation
- Computer literate
- Must have a CDL License Class A or B
- Must meet all requirements in accordance to rules and regulations set by both the United States Customs and Port Authority
- A renowned, international company, continually expanding, offering a stable workplace with great career opportunities
- A diverse, international and dynamic work environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- A benefit package incl. medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Prospect of performance-based compensation
- Uniform and Meals provided
- Free Shuttle bus to and from CTA blue line (Rosemont)
Do you want to join a highly motivated, diverse team and develop within an internationally renowned company?
We look forward to receiving your online application at www.doco.com (if you are eligible to work within the US).
DO & CO Chicago Catering Inc.
2150 Frontage Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018
For more information visit our website ( www.doco.com ).
If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the application process, please contact us via fax, mail, e-mail or telephone provided on the job advert, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.