DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt | Düsseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
DO & CO has a Gourmet Kitchen in Chicago, by O'Hare International Airport, and created lots of new job opportunities. We are looking for a
- Responsible for preparing pastry items and baked goods as directed by Pastry and/or Executive Chef
- Decorating cakes and pastries
- May oversee and supervise Pastry Skilled and Pastry Helpers
- Organizing high volume pastry production procedures and meeting all deadlines
- Culinary Education highly desired or a minimum of 2 year work experience
- Skilled in the following areas: cake making, cake decorating, ice Cream / sorbet and pastry plating, pastry production and time management
- HACCP knowledge
- Passion about the industry and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to bake and prepared according to specification
- Proactive personality, who is strongly self organized
- Ability to cope with heavy workload
- Capable to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, standing for a prolonged period of time necessary
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within the given time in order to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to accurately monitor wastage
- Ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push as needed
- Must have flexibility (Morning Shift (9:00am – 5:30pm), weekends, holidays)
- A renowned, international company, continually expanding, offering a stable workplace with great career opportunities
- A diverse, international and dynamic work environment
- The opportunity to travel (international events and/or units)
- Support for continuous professional development
- A benefit package incl. medical, dental, vision, holidays, vacation and sick time
- A free meal a day plus work clothes specific to your job
- Negotiable salary with the prospect of performance-based compensation
- Uniform and Meals Provided
Do you want to join a highly motivated, diverse team and develop within an internationally renowned company?
We look forward to receiving your online application at www.doco.com (if you are eligible to work within the US).
If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the application process, please contact us via fax, mail, e-mail or telephone provided on the job advert, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.