DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt
Düsseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
The DO & CO New York team currently consists of approximately 800 employees. We are looking for a
Facilities Maintenance Asst.
Our Facilities Maintenance Asst. is responsible to perform routine repairs in and around the facility while adhering to all standard and requirements in order to safeguard a safe and operational environment. It’s additionally responsible to ensure the proper repairs and upkeep take place at all times.
· Responsible for maintaining the general condition of the facility with regards to all aspects of the cooking and production machinery, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting work as needed
· Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing cooking, food preparation and sanitation equipment incl. commercial dish washing machines
· Responsible for general construction work needed
· Responsible for last minute repairs on site
· Keep existing tools and shop in good conditions, organized and clean at all times.
· Ensure all maintenance and repairs are cost effective and with limited impact on production and staff.
- 2+ years of hands experience in basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting
- Experience working with industrial cooking and food preparation machinery, HVAC, gas, & refrigeration
- Hands on experience with general cleaning and equipment repairs
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision
- Able to follow through with assigned tasks
- Experienced in preventive maintenance plans and its execution
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and recognizing priorities in workflow.
- Good organizational skills, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in different functions and levels
- Must be able to perform with a sense of urgency and with a hands on approach to operational needs and strong problem solving skills
- Certifications / licenses a plus
- Schedule Flexibility (different shifts - night, weekends, holidays) and emergency calls
A renowned, international company, continually expanding, offering a stable workplace with great career opportunities
A diverse, international and dynamic work environment
Support for continuous professional development
Excellent pay and a great comprehensive benefits package
Cafeteria on site, free of charge
We look forward to receiving your application (if you are eligible to work within the US). Help shape the spirit of DO & CO!
DO & CO New York Catering, Inc.
If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the application process, please contact us via fax, mail, e-mail or telephone provided on the job advert, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.