DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt
Düsseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
The DO & CO New York team currently consists of approximately 800 employees. We are currently looking for
- Take part in the daily production of fresh high quality foods served to hundreds of international airline guests!
- Responsible for creating DO & CO’s high end products in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency to the specification of the Airlines
- Following all standardized recipes and notifying the Chef/Sous Chef of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients
- Supervise supply-chain systems: control timing of the food production flow and supervise the processing to avoid delays and lapses
- Ensure production processes, quality standards and deadlines are met
- Ensure our product meets the meal specifications and the utmost quality standards at all times
- Comply and ensure hygiene requirements and food safety standards are always met
- Preparation of foods: includes all cooking techniques such as roasting, broiling, braising, sautéing, and grilling.
- Safeguard kitchen cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned
- Formal culinary training or degree in Culinary Arts or Food Science
- 3yrs + of professional cooking experience
- Mastery of cooking and baking techniques
- HACCP knowledge
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated
- Ability to deal with heavy workload and work in a team as well as independently, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to accurately monitor and reduce wastage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in different functions and levels
- Must be able to perform with a sense of urgency and a hands on approach to kitchen needs
- Must complete assign tasks within the given time and meet kitchen ready deadlines
- Schedule Flexibility (different shifts - night, weekends, holidays)
- A renowned, international company, continually expanding, offering a stable workplace with great career opportunities
- A diverse, international and dynamic work environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- A benefit package incl. medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Cafeteria on site
- Uniform specific to the job
Do you want to join a highly motivated, diverse team and develop within an internationally renowned company?
We look forward to receiving your online application at www.doco.com (if you are eligible to work within the US).
DO & CO New York Catering, Inc.
If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the application process, please contact us via fax, mail, e-mail or telephone provided on the job advert, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.